It's not dusk yet

It's not dusk yet

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

20

I wanted to spend this birthday quietly. Afterall, the big two-oh seems like an interphase between teenagehood and adulthood. Like some weird purgatory state where you are just waiting for the moment to be held accountable to yourself, where you are able to vote in the elections, where you never have to get your parents to sign any indemity form ever again...
Maybe I'm feeling too old. Maybe I hoped people would forget that I'm already 20. Silly uh?
I thought I would spend this birthday quietly. Maybe cos i didnt think anyone would remember anyway. It always has been like that, especially when the hype of cny is at its peak.
Funny thing is when you least expected it, loads of greetings and well wishes will start infiltrating your mailbox. There are even a couple of long distant calls. Surprise surprise. Even a few cakes. I had no idea there were so many people who cared. Thank you guys for making this birthday special even though I wasn't really...expectant?Ok thats sound kinda wrong=p


Thanks be to God for the many wonderful things that have happened over the past few weeks.
Once again, You have shown that all things are possible with You in our lives, even if it was impossible for us to accomplish with our own strength. Somehow, You seem to be reminding me so constantly of Your presence and i'm awestruck by Your power every single day.
Thank You for saving her world. The incident seemed so insignificant to me, yet it has convicted her and directly reassured her that You love her so much that You would do whatever it takes to draw her back to You.
Thank You for the peace that You have restored in my heart. For the unexpected friendship that has been such a great blessing to me. For chasing away the fogginess and just enabling me to watch the world around me in a different perspective. For teaching me so so so much.



I used to silently protest at the amount of burdens that have been put upon my shoulder. I used to be so uncomfortable with the stretchmarks, the sudden need to grow up in such a small space of time. I didn't want to leave my comfort zone. It used to be all about me.
Not anymore. I've learnt that these stretchmarks are a blessing. And they are all for an incredible purpose, His glory. Stretchmarks, they can be seen as scars. On the other hand, they can be seen as valuable lessons, which have shaped us and moulded us to what we have become or will be in the future. Majestic contours of the flesh. Creation.

And there is still so much room to grow. Amen to that.

No comments: