It's not dusk yet

It's not dusk yet

Sunday, March 16, 2008

heart

I've been trying not to let myself go into emo mood. I'm not even the emo sort to begin with. But when the going gets tough...
I just can't believe her. Why do you keep harping on about what i already know? Of all things are death clothes the only thing on your mind right now? Many bad thoughts. That are unspeakable. Indeed, the heart is a deceitful thing.


The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9


The human heart is the condition of all sin. Then it tries to deceive itself into trivialising the sin. It does what it pleases, it has no desire to turn to the Hands that created it. It tries to cover up its corrupt nature and lustful desires with excuses that are ultimately self-focused. In the end, it causes itself pain.


A friend remarked the day before. "Wish I could go to heaven right now." No more troubles, no more doubts. So true.


Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14


turn my focus to the one who saves

No comments: